Depending on your previous education you will find your admission group here
Our 4 groups of admission
Admission group A
You have a high school diploma and a tertiary A/B professional degree in a relevant field. You have at least two years of professional experience in your profession (at least 50 %). After each successfully completed module examination, you will receive the respective module certificate. All module certificates allow you to take the Federal Higher Professional Examination. After the training you can apply for the sector certificate.
Admission group B
You have an upper secondary level degree or a non-relevant tertiary A/B degree or 12 school years, a baccalaureate and a vocational apprenticeship. You complete the equivalency exam by the end of the 3rd semester. After each successfully completed module exam, you will receive the respective module certificate. All module certificates allow you to take the Federal Higher Professional Examination. After the training you can apply for the branch certificate.
Admission group C
You are enrolled at another school accredited by OdA ARTECURA and complete a module and the module examination with us. You will receive from us the corresponding module certificate or the confirmation of module attendance and the confirmation for the module examination.
Admission group D
You want to complete a course or module with us as continuing education.
How you and we proceed if you want to study with us:
– You contact us by e-mail or telephone. We discuss your previous education and professional experience and the possible need of the equivalence test and related to the possibility of recognition of foreign learning achievements.
– You download all the necessary forms and the requirements for the admission file (see downloads below).
- You return the complete admission file including the application for the entrance examination to us no later than 10 days before the practical entrance examination day.
- You will receive access to the online questionnaires as part of the entrance examination and as a prerequisite for participation in the practical entrance examination day. You fill them out and upload the questionnaires afterwards.
- You will receive the invitation for the practical entrance examination day.
- We will inform you whether or not you have passed the entrance examination.
- You will receive the training contract
- With the return of the training contract your place in the training is secured.
Please contact us so that we can send you all the forms you need to fill in
What you might want to know (FAQ)
What does relevant (enschlägig) mean?
«Relevant» means «belonging to a specific field or subject». For this purpose, OdA ARTECURA defines all professions in medicine, therapy, art and education.
What does the admission dossier contain?
Your electronic application dossier must be received by us 10 days before the entrance examination and consists of:
- Curriculum vitae/resume with name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, nationality, date of birth and portrait picture.
- Letter of motivation: Statement of intent as to why, in the context of original profession and personal background, training as a dance therapist is being sought.
- The anticipated financial plan.
- The completed application form (as download below).
- The completed Evidence of Admission form.
You can find all downloads here
What is the content of the entrance examination?
The entrance examination consists of 2 parts:
- The online questionnaires must be completed and uploaded by 6 days before the practical entrance exam day.
- On the day of the practical entrance exam, we will introduce you to the main dance therapy method that will be used in our course. We want to know how you grasp movement tasks and how you translate them into movement. We also want to know how you creatively design movement and how you experience movement. This day is not about «good» or «bad», «right» or «wrong», but we are interested in your individual vitality and in your joy of movement.
What does the admission procedure cost?
- Entrance examination: CHF 300.-, which must be transferred with the receipt of the registration form.
- Link costs for the preliminary clarifications OdA ARTECURA
What is the equivalence test?
The equivalency examination brings you to the level Tertiary B relevant if you only fulfill the level Secondary II at the time of admission to ZOE SCHOOL Basel.
The procedure required for this: See fill out the form “Formular_Nachweise_ Aufnahme” (see admission procedure) ZOE SCHOOL will then inform you whether you also need to have your previous education checked by OdA ARTECURA.
More information here
What does recognition of foreign learning achivements mean?
If you have already completed some or several learning contents for your previous occupation, these can be recognized by us if necessary. The prerequisite for this is that these learning contents as well as the learning times are identical to the learning contents and times specified by OdA ARTECURA. You will receive a reduction of up to 40% for your attendance at contact classes and you will then be responsible for your own learning time. You must pass all exams. Please contact us for more information:
What does a federal higher professional examination mean?
Federal Higher federal Diploma e.g. Arts Therapy Movement and Dance Therapy (HFP)
Federal higher professional examinations are aimed at professionals who wish to deepen or broaden the competencies they have acquired in their already acquired profession.
Link OdA ARTECURA admission criteria
Link Costs HFP
What does upper secondary level mean?
After compulsory schooling, students transfer to the upper secondary level. These are the following educational programs that lead to …
- vocational apprenticeship with federal certificate of proficiency
- secondary school certificate
- matura certificate
What does tertiary A/B mean?
- Tertiary A: Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs, doctorates at universities of applied sciences and universities
- Tertiary B: Higher technical colleges, higher technical examinations and professional examinations
Link list of recognized tertiary preprofessions