Position of the School in the Educational System
Our school in the Swiss education system
ZOE SCHOOL is located in the Swiss education system at the level of career-oriented further education/higher vocational education at the level of batchelor and master studies.
Graph Data on the national education system
With the international and academically oriented faculty, we set several signals:
- We offer you a professionally solid education in theory and practice at Bachelor and Master level.
- We meet all the requirements of OdA ARTECURA in terms of learning content and examinations.
- The standards of ZOE SCHOOL correspond to the internationally common standards of already existing training programs in Europe.
Memberships and Recognitions
Das zeichnet uns aus
The course is planned accredited by OdA ARTECURA, which means that we are an officially recognized educational institute for the preparation for the Federal Higher Professional Examination Arts Therapy Movement and Dance Therapy which fulfills and offers all requirements.
More about OdA ARTECURA
The course is recognized and accredited by the EADMT/Eurpoean Association of Dance Movement Therapy, which means that we meet all the requirements of the EADMT Training Standards MA.
More about EADMT
The school is a member of IACAET/International Association for Creative Arts in Education and Therapy and accredited as an official educational institute.
More about IACAET
Do you need help? Please contact us: email@example.com
Specifications and commitment
Our specifications and our commitment
We are committed to fulfilling the requirements of OdA ARTECURA so that you can smoothly obtain admission to the Federal Higher Technical Examination.
Our course therefore covers all learning content, learning time and module examinations of the 7 modules specified by OdA ARTECURA. That is 1’433 contact hours and 1735 hours of self-learning time, a total of 3’168 hours. They are divided into 5 course phases and 31 courses in 8 semesters. The semesters last from January to June and August to December.
This also includes the internship. We will provide you with the internship places.
The course is part-time. The school days are weekly on Friday, sometimes on Friday/Saturday and 1x/month on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. The recommended professional activity during the course is a workload of 60%.
Our visions for the future of Dance Movement Therapy
Embedding in the future healthcare system of Switzerland
From a relevant perspective, the future healthcare system requires a high degree of self-efficacy. Prerequisites for this are, among others, self-competence and self-perception. Since dance requires both the perception of movement (self-perception) and the use of movement (self-competence), dance therapy trains these two factors to a high degree.Standard of the future dance therapists
Standard of the future Dance Movement Therapists
We want future dance therapists trained by us to be characterized by a professionalism that corresponds to that of other professional groups trained at colleges and universities. Dance therapists trained with us therefore have the appropriate professional and personal competencies. In concrete terms, we understand this to mean that, on the basis of these competencies, they not only meet their clients in a professionally competent, ethical manner and in accordance with their individual needs, but that they are also able to communicate in a professionally competent and cooperative manner with other helping professionals in the work team.
Due to the considerable amount of research that has been done in the field of dance therapy, we are able to train dance therapists to work in an evidence-based and evidence-informed manner, thus providing them with scientifically sound expertise for their practice.
Our values for learning
Our course promotes cooperation through professional communication. We believe that cooperation between people in different fields of knowledge and also in different roles is enriching and has a multiplicative effect on all participants.
Transparency is important because
Transparency creates trust and promotes clarity
Transparency creates the atmosphere for smooth work
Transparency supports all parties involved in being correct and authentic
For this purpose, the course is structured and organized in a circular manner. Circular learning means that the learning content occurs several times, at different times and with constantly increasing complexity. You go through the chain of understanding: perceiving, grasping, understanding, explaining, applying and checking what you have learned.
The lecturers are committed to developing and promoting your strengths, preferences and interests. In this way, you develop and strengthen your individual professionalism.
Contact classes include knowledge transfer on the one hand, guided discussions and guided practice on the other. This ensures that you can integrate and apply the knowledge according to your strengths, preferences and interests.
Our vision for learning
The course is structured to fulfill our vision for learning: Students acquire knowledge interactively with faculty related to the demands of professional practice. In doing so, they are supported by a faculty that advocates and implements multidimensional and holistic learning. Learning takes place not only at the level of gaining knowledge, but also through experiencing and reflecting on what has been learned. This is done through the curricula that cater to circular, holistic and interactive learning.
Goals and titles
We guarantee you a smooth process up to the Eidg. Höhere Fachprüfung (Advanced Federal Examination)
The goal of the course is the solid, straightforward and stringent preparation for the access to the Federal Higher Professional Examination. In this way, they obtained two intermediate titles at ZOE SCHOOL according to the requirements of OdA ARTECURA:
The title after the 2nd phase of the course:
Completion Basic Level II ZOE SCHOOL
The title after the 4th phase of the course:
Completion Upper Level I ZOE SCHOOL
Please note that these titles have no meaning for employment as a Dance Movement Therapist nor for health insurance approval.
The Course at a Glance
Our course is divided into 5 phases, which include a total of 31 courses.
Basic Level I Personal Learning World
- Self Reflection / Embodied Anatomy
- Biography and Developmental Psychology
- Psychology-Learning- and Creative Psycholog
- Basic Pedagogical Attitudes and Concepts- Norms and Values in Education-Social and Special Education-Sozial- und Sonderpädagogik
- History of Dance Movement Therapy linked to the History of Dance and the Currents in Psychotherapy History of Dance Movement Therapy linked to the History of Dance and the Currents in Psychotherapy
Total 249 hours contact time Semester1.to 2
Basic Level II Expanded Learning World
- Communication Psychology and Models
- Communication (1st part)
- Philosophy-Sociology-Demography-Other Cultures and Reli-gions
- Group Work
- Embodiment-Communication-Common Factors
- KArtistic Inquiry
Total 207 contact hours semester2 to 3
Middle Level: Medical Learning World
- Basics of Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic Disorders and Diseases, Inter-professional Cooperationt
- Advanced Psychopathology
Total 167.5 contact hours semenster 2 to 4
Upper Level I Dance Movement Therapy Learning World
- Ritual-Dance Rituals-Ritualisation in Dance Movement Thera-py
- Laban/Bartenieff Movement System (LBMS)
- Authentic Movement / Other Methods
- Research in Practice
- The Marian Chace Method / Group
- Mobility Gradient (with pre- and perinatal development))
- Body Image
- Kestenberg Movement Profile (KMP)
Total 570 contact hours semester 4 to 5
Upper Level II Business Learning World
- Concept Development
- Case Study
- Communication (2nd part)
- Professional Ethics
- Learning Group (Supervision and Introduction to be a Supervisor))
- Organisation and Operational Management
- Health Economy
Total 407 contact hours semester5 to 8
Costs and Financing
- for the entrance examination: CHF 300
- for the whole course: CHF 42’300.-
- Examination registration fee/ module examination CHF 50.- total of 7 module examinations
Tuition fees can be paid per semester (CHF 5,300/semester) or per month (CHF 1,100/month).
In the case of a susceptible exam repetition, the entire exam fees will be charged. Please ask us about these costs
- for a possible crediting of external learning achievements: CHF 100.- to CHF 300.-
- for a possible equivalence check: the costs will be invoiced directly by OdA ARTECURA
- for individual modules: contact us
- For individual courses: see below Courses
- for Crash Courses, Associated Courses and Specialized Training see here
If you have passed the Federal Advanced Federal Diploma Examination, you can request the so-called subject financing from the Federal Government and receive approx. 25% up to uz CHF 10’050.- back.
Note that if you complete the Higher Professional Examination, you can apply for approximately CHF 10,000 from the federal government for training fees.
ZOE SCHOOL FOR DANCE MOVEMENT THERAPY is not able to give scholarships, if you have any questions about financing please contact us
ZOE SCHOOL FOR DANCE MOVEMENT THERAPY is a non-profit organization: Any financial surpluses flow into a fund for the support of single-parent students.
Our courses 2022 as an Opportunity for Further Education
- für die Aufnahmeprüfung: CHF 300.-
- für den ganzen Lehrgang: CHF 42‘300.-
- Prüfungsanmeldegebühr/ Modulprüfung CHF 50.- insgesamt 7 Modulprüfungen
Die Studiengebühr kann pro Semester (CHF 5‘300/Semester) oder pro Monat (CHF 1‘100/Monat) bezahlt werden.
Bei einer anfälligen Prüfungswiederholung fallen die gesamten Prüfungsbgebühren an. Bitte erkundigen sie sich bei uns über diese Kosten
- für eine allfällige Anrechnung fremder Lernleistungen: CHF 100.- bis CHF 300.-
- für eine allfällige Gleichwertigkeitsprüfung weden direkt von der OdA ARTECURA in Rechnung gestellt
- für einzelne Module: Nehmen Sie dafür Kontakt mit uns auf.
- Kurse: s. Kursausschreibungen
ZOE SCHOOL FOR DANCE MOVEMENT THERAPY kann keine Stipendien geben, dafür gibt es eine Reihe Stiftungen in der Schweiz. Nehmen Sie dafür Kontakt mit uns auf.